An Internet Protocol Camera or IP Camera is a type of digital video camera that receives control data and sends image data via IP Network. They are mostly used for surveillance and they require no local recording device, just a local network is needed. IP cameras themselves prove that they are the best investment as soon as they are installed. Nowadays people everywhere are choosing to invest in IP Camera setups at their workplace in order to keep themselves safe and secure. Though the reasons for installation might be different but it helps people to be more at ease and gain peace of mind. These cameras let people monitor the activities done at their workplace or when they are away.
Managing Businesses in this changed world using IP Camera Technologies:
When it comes to the overall safety and security of your business, IP Camera technologies are a must. So now let us see how IP Camera technologies help in managing the businesses in this changed world scenario.
- Increases overall safety- IP Camera technologies if installed then it helps to prevent crimes and break-ins. Businesses are 4x more likely to be burglarized as a home so setting these technologies is a must in business places.
- Prevents from shoplifting & theft- IP Cameras setup in business places can help deter theft. Mostly 64 percent of businesses fall victim to employee theft and thus losses a huge amount every minute to shoplifters.
- Prevents Fraud- IP Cameras set-up in business places prevents fraud. Many businesses lose their revenue to fraud activities.
- Prevents Employee Theft- Such technologies helps in preventing employee thefts in organizations.
- Improves Safeguards- The small organizations are more prone to vulnerable to employee theft. This happens because there are fewer safeguards in the workplace.
- Protects against Burglary- Mostly burglaries are forcible entry. These are simply crimes of opportunity. The major of burglaries are actually forcible entries like breaking windows, picking locks, kicking in doors etc. IP camera technologies can be s boon to catch these types of crimes.
- Improved Perception of concern for customer safety- The presence of IP Camera technologies shows your customer that you care about their safety and security and this improves their overall perception of your business.
- Improves outside security for customers & employees- IP Camera technologies protect your employees both directly and indirectly. When its installed in the company’s parking lots and outside the physical building, they can record the suspicious activities and allow the company’s security officers or others to ensure employees reach their vehicles safely.
- Lower the risk of vandalism- These camera setups have been proven to reduce threats of violence and vandalism at business places.
- 24/7 Peace of mind- IP remote surveillance allows authorized employees to monitor critical business areas continuously 24/7 in real-time from almost anywhere.
- Cost-Effective and Scalable- IP remote surveillance is cost-effective and scalable. As your business grows, adding additional cameras into an established network is easy and cost-effective.
- Provides a record of all activities in your Business- These technologies protect employees indirectly by monitoring each visitor who comes into the building and keeps a video record of their activity.
- Reduces the need for hiring additional security personnel- Because of IP Camera setups, the need to hire more security personnel is reduced and hence the expenses are also reduced.
- Monitors Customer Transactions- The big establishments use IP cameras to monitor customer transactions.
From the above benefits, we can understand how businesses can be managed in this changing scenario through IP Camera Technologies. The future is bright for these feature-rich cameras and they look to play very big into the “Internet of Everything” where they can be the eyes and ears of one’s’ truly connected home & businesses.